Macon, GA Car Accident Guide
As a resident or worker in the Macon, GA area, you know that car accidents happen all the time on local roadways and highways where you commute. Even if you have never had the misfortunate experience of being in an auto crash, knowing what steps to take if it happens is crucial. At The Sessions Law Firm, we want you to have quick access to safety and legal information in the moments following a collision. This is because accidents almost always lead to significant vehicle damage and bodily injuries. That is why we are offering our FREE Step-By-Step Macon Car Accident Guide.
Protect Your Rights and Future After a Macon, GA Car Accident
Right after an impact, countless factors go into motion that will affect your legal rights as an accident victim. Being prepared to make decisions about medical treatment, car repairs, pursuing compensation to pay for these and related damages is critical. Forethought about how you will prove your claim that the other driver was negligent and at fault is equally important and begins the moment you exit your vehicle.
Failing to take the proper action will not only jeopardize your right to get compensated, but it could find you sharing in liability. Any error you make, whether failing to get medically evaluated or not getting the other driver’s information, can leave you footing the entire bill of this experience. So prepare yourself and download our “Step-by-Step Car Accident Guide” today. This free download of Macon, GA car accident resources will prove invaluable if you’ve been in a car accident. As you’ll likely be rattled, or worse, following a car crash, we recommend printing the Guide and keeping it in your glovebox.
Step-By-Step Car Accident Guide
Why You Need Our Car Accident Guide and Personal Injury Services
You’ll like experience disorientation, extreme anxiety or painful injury in the few minutes immediately following an accident. Our Car Accident Guide provides with you important step-by-step details on how to protect your rights and ensure you get the compensation you deserve. So we recommend printing and keeping the guide in your car, truck or van glove box. You’ll also need important community and legal resources you may need to rely on for assistance immediately following the crash. including:
Macon-Bibb County Fire Department
1191 First St.
Macon, GA 31201
911 or for non-emergencies (478) 751-9180
Macon Police Department – Macon, Georgia
700 Poplar St
Macon, GA 31202-2097
Call 911 or for non-emergencies (478) 751-7505
Atrium Health Navicent Emergency Department
840 Pine Street
Macon, GA 31201
Coliseum Northside ER
400 Charter Blvd
Macon, GA 31201
The Sessions Law Firm
544 Mulberry Street
Macon, GA 31201
Basic Definitions to Know if in a Macon, GA Car Accident
One of the most overwhelming aspects of a car accident claim in Georgia is the confusing legal terminologies used. If you are struggling to understand the provisions in your policy or on documents you receive from your insurer regarding your claim, check out this helpful overview below:
- Adjuster – one of your first points of contact with an insurer about your accident is the representative assigned to your claim. Their job is to save money for their company by minimizing claim payouts.
- Defendant -this is the person(s) or insurer(s) that you bring suit against for their responsibility for the accident causing you harm.
- Plaintiff – is you, the person bringing suit.
- Third-Party – this could be a person or business that is not a policyholder but contributed to your accident or was injured with you.
- Counsel – is a term to describe your lawyer.
- Duty of Care – describes the responsibility each person has to take reasonable care to avoid causing harm to others by their actions.
- Fault – involves one or more parties being shown to be the cause of an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – are insurance coverages available in addition to your regular car insurance policy to help pay for the damages caused by drivers in these categories.
- Bodily Injury Liability – is the provision within your auto policy covering any physical injuries caused by a car accident.
- Damages – refers to the compensation one receives for losses suffered in an accident. These can be economic and non-economic in nature.
- Loss – describes the actual cash value attributed to different aspects of your accident.
- Deposition – involves giving sworn testimony before going to trial.
- Discovery – is a process that occurs when your attorney files a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party(ies) in your case. This allows them to obtain important evidence to bolster your case.
- Negotiation – describes the process your attorney and the insurer’s adjuster engage in to reach a settlement offer for your damages.
Learn How The Sessions Law Firm Can Help
The Sessions Law Firm and Ben Sessions are committed to helping victims of car accidents in Macon, GA, recover the compensation they deserve. Our years of experience and successful settlement and jury awards have made us a top choice for effective personal injury representation. Download our free Step-by-Step Macon Car Accident Guide today!