Henry County DUI Lawyer
The Process That Your Henry County DUI Will Follow
If you have a DUI pending in Henry County, Georgia, your case will follow a specific process.
- Your first court will be an arraignment.
- Your second court date will generally be a motions hearing.
- Your third court date will generally be a calendar call.
- Your fourth court date will usually be a trial setting.
You will generally have an administrative license suspension hearing approximately 60 days after your date of arrest. It is important to understand how the administrative license suspension hearing is handled in Henry County. The solicitor’s office, which is responsible for the prosecution of DUI cases pending in the State Court of Henry County, usually is heavily involved in the administrative license suspension hearing case.
Henry County is a county located just south of metro-Atlanta in Georgia. Per the 2018 census, the population of Henry County is 230,220. The county seat is McDonough. The county was named for Patrick Henry. Henry County is part of the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA metropolitan statistical area and the list of cities are below:
- Locust Grove
- Heron Bay
Sheriff Michael D. Bodenbender started his career with the Henry County Sheriff’s Office in 1990. He was later promoted to shift Sergeant and served many years in that position. He was elected Sheriff and started his term in 2013 and sheriff’s department jail address is located at 120 Henry Pkwy, McDonough, GA 30253, United States.
Approved bonding companies are:
- A-Atlanta Clayton Bail Bond Company (770) 472-7277
- A 2nd Chance Bail Bonds (770) 627-3235
- Alpha Bonding (404) 523-2352
- Red Eye Bail Bonds (404) 872-7333
- Free At Last Bail Bonds (678) 806-9726
Henry County Superior Court is located at 1 Courthouse SQ, McDonough, GA 30253, United States and current clerk is Ms. Barbara A. Harrison 770-288-8022.
Superior Court judges are:
- Chief Judge Robert L. Godwin
- Judge David Brown
- Judge Martin Christopher Jones
- Judge W. Donald Patten
- Judge Warren R. Power
- Judge Nichole Reynolds
- Judge Wesley J. Shannon
Henry State Court is located at 44 John Frank Ward Blvd, McDonough, GA 30253, United States.
State Court judges are:
- Chief Judge Benjamin Studdard
- Judge James T. Chafin III.
- Judge Ernest D. Blount
- Judge Jason Harper