REMOVAL FROM GEORGIA’S SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY
Posted by Ben Sessions | | Uncategorized
ARE YOU LOOKING A LAWYER TO HELP WITH REMOVAL FROM GEORGIA’S SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY?
We are going to use this post to provide up-to-date reliable information about how to seek removal from Georgia’s sex offender registry. The post will be periodically updated to provides tips and insights on what is (and is not) working in the presentation of these issues to the courts.
GEORGIA SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY REMOVAL: KNOW THE DEFENDANT
It seems completely intuitive, but one of the most important things that any lawyer representing a defendant in the effort to be removed from the sex offender registry can do is to know the defendant.
- You are not re-litigating the original case, but you need to have an understanding of the facts that are the basis for the conviction of an offense that required sex offender registration.
- Know the time that has elapsed since the defendant completed his/her sentence.
- Know the defendant’s current family composition.
- Know how long the defendant has resided at his/her current address.
- Know the defendant’s employment history.
- Know how long the defendant has been at his/her current job.