Milledgeville Truck Accident Lawyer
Milledgeville Truck Accident Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been involved in a truck accident? According to National Injury Council, In 2020, 4,842 large trucks were involved in a fatal crash, a 4% decrease from 2019 but still a 33% increase since 2011. The involvement rate per 100 million large-truck miles traveled is down 5% from 2019, but up 18% since 2011. Getting into any accident but especially when it involves a tractor-trailer or a truck can be a frightening event. The Sessions Law Firm Milledgeville truck accident lawyers are here to alleviate some of the stress around the accident and help you through this upsetting event in your life.
These cases are complex due to their involvement in state law, federal law, and federal regulations. The complexity can be overwhelming for many lawyers and firms. Our truck accident attorneys have multiple years of experience understanding the complexity of these cases and we will focus on getting you the best outcome for your case. To speak with a qualified Milledgeville truck accident attorney call Sessions & Fleischman today for a free initial consultation.
How Are Truck Accidents Different from Car Accidents?
The injuries caused by truck accidents are more serious and more likely to be fatal than car accident injuries. Occupants of passenger cars are protected from serious injuries by safety harnesses, airbags, and crumple zones. The weight and size of a large truck moving at highway speeds will easily defeat those protections.
Truck accidents tend to be caused by a different set of circumstances than automobile accidents. The sheer size of the trucks makes it more difficult to stop quickly or make proper turns. Trucks can weigh as much as 76,000 pounds more than the average automobile. This cause a car to not be able to withstand the force of being struck by a semi-truck without serious damage to the automobile and the people inside the truck.
What steps should you take after a truck accident?
- Call 911. The police accident report is an important piece of evidence in your claim. Let the dispatcher know right away that you have been in a crash and you need an ambulance.
- Gather information. Get driver information: the trucker’s name and contact information, what trucking company they work for, their license and insurance information, and any contact information they have for their employers. Get contact information for witnesses, too. Do not talk about the accident with the truck driver or anyone else involved in your crash. Anything you say could be used against you.
- Take Pictures. Document the crash scene with pictures and/or video showcasing all property damage, especially to the vehicles involved, tire marks, street signs, traffic signals, road hazards, and construction.
- Write down everything you can remember. Include the date, time, location, weather conditions, and anything of note that happened immediately before, during, or after your crash. How was the truck driver acting after the accident? Did the trucker say anything like “I didn’t see you” or “I’m sorry”? These are important details to note.
- Don’t talk about your crash with anyone. It’s critical that you do not discuss your truck accident with anyone involved in the crash or post anything about it online, including on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.). If you want to fully understand your rights and go over your legal options, you should contact an experienced truck accident lawyer for a free case evaluation before you talk to anyone, especially the insurance company. Anything you say could be used could be used by the truck driver’s insurance company to challenge or deny your claim.
- Get the highest/best level of treatment possible. Many personal injury claims are hurt by virtue of the client seeking medical care that is not appropriate for the injuries that they have sustained. For example, if you have suffered a traumatic injury to your spine, seeing a chiropractor for 2 months after your accident will likely not positively impact your case. We understand that incurring medical bills is a tremendous source of stress for many of our clients, but we can help you understand how the bills will be paid and how to be compensated for your pain and suffering. If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident, consult with your injury attorney about the appropriate type of specialist to see for your care. If you are trying to locate a hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia, Navicent Health Baldwin, formerly known as Oconee Regional Medical Center, is at 821 N Cobb St, Milledgeville, GA 31061.
- Place known insurers on notice of the claim against the policy issued by them. Often times, insurers try to avoid or escape liability for based upon the failure of their insured (the person or corporation that caused your injury) to follow a condition of their insurance policy. Insurance policies have conditions in this that are called conditions precedent, and if an insured fails to meet the conditions precedent to coverage, the insurer may attempt to avoid being responsible for your damages. One of the conditions precedents to insurance coverage being available for an incident and injuries is that the insured (the person or corporation that caused your injury) must give the insurer notice of the occurrence that caused your injury. This is the first part in establishing an insurance claim. We work to make sure that all possible insurers have notice of your injuries so that the insurer cannot later claim a lack of notice to avoid liability for your damages. Do not let a simple mistake (that no non-lawyer would be aware of) allow an auto insurance company avoid responsibility. Also, it is critical that insurance claims be established against the other driver’s insurance carrier and your own uninsured motorist carriers.
What does a Milledgeville Truck Accident Lawyer do?
The complexity of automobile accident cases is due to a variety of different reasons. One of the first jobs of a truck accident lawyer is figuring out who is the responsible party that needs to be held accountable for your injuries and losses. You may believe that there is only one party that needs to be held accountable however in these types of accidents there may be many. This is due to the many parties involved when dealing with trucks such as
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
- The shipping company (that loaded the cargo)
- Insurance companies
- Government entities
Our law office will work to gather all evidence for your case including medical reports, police reports, photos or videos, and eyewitness statements. Along with identifying all potentially liable parties and insurance carriers and negotiating with the insurance companies for a fair settlement on your behalf. In the unlikely case that insurance companies refuse to settle our firm will guide you through bringing your case to trial. There is no need to battle all this by yourself while trying to recover from the accident. Hire the Ben Sessions law firm to take on insurance adjusters and file all relevant documents allowing you to rest and recover.
Have you been injured in a Truck Accident?
Broken Bones, back, neck, and brain injuries are extremely common in Truck accidents. The Ben Sessions law firm wants to help you rebuild your life. If you are suffering from a personal injury that has led to multiple hospitalizations, medical appointments, or even surgeries. Sessions & Fleischman wants to help you obtain compensation for your current and future medical bills. Along with any lost wages that have been caused due to this accident. Call us today to see how we can gain compensation for your case and provide you with the best legal advice.
Do Not Delay when hiring a Milledgeville Truck Accident Attorney
It is extremely important to hire an attorney as soon as the accident has occurred. This allows for more evidence and information to be collected making your case overall stronger. In Georgia, there is a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury, fraud, and medical malpractice claims; but personal property, trespassing, and debt collection claims have a four-year limit. Do not hesitate in giving Sessions & Fleischman a call with just small injuries or for a case evaluation. Sessions & Fleischman is here to give your guidance and help through this stressful time. At our firm, we prioritize our attorney-client relationship always keeping you upfront on your case and never in the dark. Give Ben Sessions a call for a free consultation!
About Sessions & Fleischman and Georgia Personal Injury SuperLawyer Ben Sessions
Sessions & Fleischman’s car accident attorneys in Milledgeville represent people that have been seriously injured in car accidents, trucking-related crashes, and motorcycle wrecks throughout Milledgeville and surrounding areas. Do not let concern over how to pay for a lawyer stop you from getting needed advice from a qualified and experienced personal injury lawyer. Each of our injury cases begins with a free consultation and case evaluation, and you will never pay a fee to our firm unless we obtain a recovery for you. Our Firm is driven by the hope to help you and your family recover from a tragic motor vehicle accident, and we do that by providing exceptional service to you and your family while working to obtain the maximum recovery possible for you. No one can take away the impact of a motor vehicle crash, but we can obtain a settlement or judgment that will help care for the injuries you sustained.
Sessions & Fleischman is one of the preeminent car accident and personal injury law firms in Georgia. The Firm is led by Ben Sessions. Ben has been consistently recognized as a Top 100 SuperLawyer in Georgia from 2019 through 2021. Ben has personally tried more than 60 jury trials. If you case cannot be successfully negotiated to a settlement, you can rest assured that you will have an experienced and skilled trial lawyer on your side. Beyond being exceptionally good at obtaining recoveries for our clients, we place an equally important emphasis on the service that we provide to our clients. That means keeping your informed about the process and progress in your case. Contact Sessions & Fleischman today. Do not make the mistake of assuming that all truck accident lawyers are the same. Schedule a free consultation today with an experienced Milledgeville personal injury lawyer at The Session Law Firm today. We will help you understand the legal process that your case will follow