Personal Injury Lawyers in Georgia
Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt as a result of someone’s carelessness, you probably feel a lot of different emotions – anger, frustration, worry, and anxiety are common. That is not abnormal, and it is certainly understandable. A Georgia personal injury lawyer at Sessions & Fleischman can. One of our goals is to provide you with information that will help you identify a personal injury lawyer that can get clarity and the compensation that you deserve from the person that caused your injury.
We’re focused on getting to the heart of your case. It’s really easy to get bogged down in the details of any given case and to get held up with procedural problems. When delays occur, evidentiary problems arise with the loss of evidence and an inability to locate witnesses. Our goal is is to make this process as simple as possible as we can for you and to help you understand what is going to happen with your case – it is your personal injury case. We want you to know what actionable steps we’re taking to make sure that we help you get the maximum recovery out of your case as quickly as possible. Those are our goals and everything that we do going forward should be with those goals in mind.
Whether you have been hurt in a car accident or suffered as a result of the negligence of a doctor, a qualified and experienced injury attorney can help you understand the legal process and your rights. Call Sessions & Fleischman, LLC, today for a free consultation.
Georgia Personal Injury Cases
In Georgia, to bring a personal injury claim, you must be able to show that you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or intentional conduct. This means that you must be able to prove that the other party failed to act with the level of care that a reasonable person would have exercised in the same or similar circumstances, and that their failure to act caused your injuries.
To bring a successful personal injury claim in Georgia, you will generally need to establish the following elements:
- Duty of care: You must be able to show that the other party owed you a duty of care, which is a legal obligation to act in a way that does not cause harm to others.
- Breach of duty: You must be able to show that the other party breached this duty of care by failing to act with the level of care that a reasonable person would have exercised in the same or similar circumstances.
- Causation: You must be able to show that the other party’s breach of duty was the cause of your injuries.
- Damages: You must be able to show that you suffered damages as a result of the other party’s actions, such as medical bills, lost wages, or property damage.
It is important to note that personal injury claims can be complex and may involve a variety of legal issues. It is best to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to help determine the viability of your claim and to advise you on the best course of action.
Personal Injury Case Value
There are several factors that can influence the value of a personal injury case:
- The extent of the injuries: The more severe the injuries, the higher the potential value of the case.
- The cost of medical treatment: The cost of medical treatment for the injuries sustained can significantly impact the value of the case.
- Lost wages: If the injuries prevent the victim from working, the lost wages can be included in the damages sought.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, can also be included in the damages sought in a personal injury case.
- Comparative negligence: If the victim is partially at fault for the accident, the damages may be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to the victim.
- Insurance coverage: The insurance coverage of the at-fault party can also influence the value of the case.
It’s important to note that every personal injury case is unique and the value of a case will depend on the specific circumstances and facts involved. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand the potential value of your case and advise you on the best course of action to take to seek damages.
You’ll frequently hear people discussing the valuation of personal injury cases talking about value enhancers. Value enhancers are facts in the case that increase what the case is perceived to be worth. Things that increase the value of your personal injury case can take many different forms. Value enhancers may be an extreme or graphic injury caused by the party. It could be exceptional cases of recklessness or negligence by the defendant. For example, a DUI driver in a car accident is a real value driver in most cases. It could also be a repeated pattern of failure to properly maintain a truck, for example. All those things are facts that we can look at as potential value drivers in personal injury cases, and they are by no means an exclusive list of value enhancers or value drivers. We certainly want to look for those things and, particularly, actions on behalf of the defendant or things that the defendant failed to do that could be real value drivers or enhancers.
For many of our clients, their injury severely and even catastrophically impacted the financial wellbeing of their family. The financial strain of an injury can be overwhelming, so it is not surprising that many clients are concerned with how much their personal injury case is worth.
Be careful of only valuing your personal injury case based upon a multiple of your medical expenses. It is very common for lawyers to take the total of your medical expenses and to recommend that clients settle cases for 1.5 to 3 times that amount without giving consideration to other important value drivers in a case.
Most Common Personal Injury Cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace injuries
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Premises liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Assault and battery
- Wrongful death
It’s important to note that the specific types of personal injury cases may vary depending on the jurisdiction and the specific circumstances of the case. These are just some of the most common types of personal injury cases that people may encounter. If you have been injured and are considering seeking legal action, it is important to speak with a qualified personal injury attorney to discuss your options and determine the best course of action.
Georgia Personal Injury Attorneys
At Sessions & Fleischman, we have a proven track record of success in handling personal injury cases. Our attorneys have extensive experience and a deep understanding of the legal process, and are dedicated to advocating for the rights of our clients. We are committed to providing personalized, responsive service and will work tirelessly to help you get the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and discuss your case.