Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Milledgeville, GA
Milledgeville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Riding your motorcycle around Milledgeville on a nice sunny day is one of the best parts of a motorcyclist’s day. However, in the blink of an eye, something so enjoyable can turn into a catastrophe. If you have been hit while riding and suffering from the accident you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer by your side.
Due to motorcycles not having an abundance of safety features such as seatbelts or car frames to protect you there is a higher risk for serious injuries. The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) stated that motorcycles are more likely to be involved in crashes than a car, and they can be much more lethal as well. According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services in Milledgeville motorcycles represent just 2% of registered vehicles, and motorcyclists are consistently overrepresented in traffic fatalities. In 2019, motorcyclists represented 11% of total traffic fatalities and 21% of total driver fatalities.
If you have been involved in an accident that occurred due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to compensation for your injuries. Ben Sessions is an experienced personal injury lawyer that wants to help you after your motorcycle accident. There is no need to deal with insurance companies on your own. Sessions & Fleischman is here to help you through this horrible accident by helping you and elevating most of the inquired stress.
Why Hiring An Experienced Milledgeville Motorcycle Accident Attorney Is Vital
If you decide to file a motorcycle accident claim, it’s imperative that you hire a lawyer to get the maximum compensation for your injuries. There is an abundance of legal aspects involved in a motorcycle accident case and without an attorney you may feel overwhelmed during the process. Additionally, you do not want to make a mistake that can cost you a lot of time and money. Sessions & Fleischman will help you through the phases of a legal claim keeping you always up to date on your case. Below are some steps of the legal process involved.
- Proving Fault
- Collecting Evidence
- Creating A Claim
- Negotiation With Insurance Company
- Geting Your Compensation
A majority of motorcycle accident cases can be resolved without going to trial. Nonetheless, if the insurance company doesn’t agree to a fair settlement, it can be taken to court. Due to the lengthy legal process, our lawyers will aim to settle the case before it gets to court. If your case does go to court you will have a highly experienced lawyer by your side helping you get the maximum compensation.
Time Matter! Do not delay when hiring a Milledgeville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer.
Within Georgia, individuals have a maximum 2-year window for motorcycle accident cases. Nevertheless, hiring an attorney right away means the evidence is easier to gather, all medical needs are covered, and you can get maximum compensation.
What Can I Be Compensated For In A Motorcycle Accident Case?
There are many types of damages and amounts of compensation. Depending on your damages Sessions & Fleischman LLC will work to calculate and evaluate a fair amount of compensation. Below are some damages that you can be compensated for.
- Property Loss: The expense of repairing or replacing your motorcycle, as well as any personal property you may have been riding with, is known as property damage. If the cost of repairing a motorcycle outweighs the motorcycle’s value, the insurance company is required to pay the bike’s fair market value because it was a total loss.
- Medical Expenses: Any medical costs incurred as a result of a motorcycle accident may be covered. The ambulance travel, hospital costs, doctor’s appointments, medication, surgeries, and any other medical care expenses incurred as a result of the accident are included in your medical expenses. All of your medical documents will be used in your personal injury claim.
- Lost Wages and Earning Capacity: If your injuries keep you from being able to work, your time off can be compensated. This can also include the time that was used for doctor’s appointments, rehabilitation appointments, or an appointment that caused you to miss work due to your injury. If your injuries are severe enough that you are unable to continue working, you may be allowed to include this in your claim.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering compensate for the feeling that you are experiencing from your injuries. It’s the pain from broken bones or internal injuries. It’s the mental anguish of the experience of being thrown off your bike. Even small motorcycle accidents can cause the injured rider pain and suffering. Because motorcycle accidents frequently result in catastrophic injuries, compensation should include the emotional anguish of recuperation.
- Punitive Damages: In this type of case, the party at fault may be financially punished if their actions warrant a harsher penalty than the accident damage compensation. A drunk driver hitting a motorcyclist would be an example of adding punitive damages. The actions of the driver having a high blood alcohol level are considered gross negligence. Drunk driving can add punitive damages to the compensation.
- Loss of Enjoyment: If the accident caused the motorcyclist to be unable to continue to do things he or she once loved, they could ask for compensation for loss of enjoyment or quality of life.
- Loss of Consortium: Whereas loss of enjoyment is for the injured motorcyclist, loss of consortium is for a motorcycle accident victim’s loved one. If the accident is fatal or leaves the victim unable to fulfill marital obligations, the spouse or immediate family members can sue for loss of consortium.
- Wrongful Death: In fatal motorcycle accidents, the victim’s family may file a wrongful death lawsuit against all of the responsible parties. This would add in compensation additional forms of compensation such as funeral expenses, loss of the deceased’s income, future earnings, and pension plan. It can also include loss of inheritance, and medical insurance coverage, among other possibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions for Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
As experienced Milledgeville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions.
Every motorcycle accident case is different. Contact our team today for a free consultation to discuss your case and see how much compensation you are entitled to.
What are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Due to the nature of a motorcycle and the lack of protection it provides, injuries sustained in an accident are often severe. Some common motorcycle wreck injuries include:
- Broken Bones or Bone Fractures
- Head and Neck Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Road Rash
- Internal Organ Damage
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Catastrophic Injury – loss of limbs, paralysis, permanent injury or disability, etc
Above are just a few injuries caused by these accidents. Experiencing a severe injury can result in costly medical bills. This is one of the top reasons you should hire a motorcycle lawyer after an accident to get compensation for these injuries.
Does not wearing a helmet affect my motorcycle accident case in Milledgeville?
Wearing a helmet could mean the difference between life and death for a motorcycle rider, as well as the amount of compensation you receive. You may be held liable for some of your injuries if you are involved in a motorcycle accident without wearing a helmet and suffer a head injury or traumatic brain damage.
What are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents are frequently caused by a negligent driver. Motorcycles are more difficult to spot than cars because of their size. The following are some of the most common reasons for motorcycle accidents:
- Negligent drivers – failed to see the motorcycle, failed to yield, and so on.
- Blind Spots
- Poor road conditions
- Inclement weather
- Drunk Driving
- Road Hazards
- Motorcycle manufacturer defect
- Reckless behavior- driving over the speed limit, doing tricks, etc
As previously stated, motorcycle accidents frequently result in significant injuries. This is why it’s critical to hire Milledgeville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers to hold the at-fault party accountable.
Call Us Today to Get a Free Consultation!
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to call the Milledgeville Law Firm of Sessions & Fleischman, LLC . We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to motorcycle accident victims.
At Sessions & Fleischman, LLC , we guarantee that you will receive excellent legal advice, services, and assistance. Using professional lawyers who are familiar with personal injury law and cases, you will be able to assert your rights and entitlements without worry or delay. Our legal experts will put out their best effort in your case to guarantee that you are fairly compensated.