Car Accident Attorneys in Milledgeville
If you or someone that you care about has been injured, The Sessions Law Firm car accident attorneys in Milledgeville, GA can help. Auto accidents and appropriately dealing with vehicle insurance companies can be difficult and complex. You deserve the help of an attorney that will help you effectively deal with insurers (auto, health, disability, etc.), so that you can focus on what is most important: regaining your health after a serious car accident injury.
Milledgeville is one of the cities in the heart of central Georgia, and Milledgeville is a growing area that has managed to hold onto its small-town feel. When Georgia College & State University is in session, the city is one of the largest in the State of Georgia. However, with commercial enterprises based in Milledgeville and the surrounding businesses that rely upon the roadways in Milledgeville and Baldwin County, we are bound to see some tragic automobile crashes and injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Milledgeville car accident, the experienced personal injury law firm at The Sessions Law Firm can help.
The Sessions Law Firm’s car accident attorneys in Milledgeville represent people that have been seriously injured in car accidents, trucking-related crashes, and motorcycle wrecks throughout Milledgeville and surrounding areas. Do not let a concern over how to pay for a lawyer stop you from getting needed advice from a qualified and experience personal injury lawyer. Each of our injury cases begins with a free consultation and case evaluation, and you will never pay a fee to our firm unless we obtain a recovery for you. Our Firm is driven by the hope to help you and your family recover from a tragic motor vehicle accident, and we do that by providing exceptional service to you and your family while working to obtain the maximum recovery possible for you. No one can take away the impact of a motor vehicle crash, but we can obtain a settlement or judgement that will help care for the injuries you sustained.
What is the most important things that you and your car accident attorney must do after a car wreck?
- Preserve and document necessary evidence to establish causation of the accident. We prepare cases as though they will proceed to trial, and most jurors expect to see photos and, if possible, videos of the scene and crash. There may have been a time when it was enough for a witness to merely say what transpired in an accident. We do not leave anything to chance when it comes to evidence that may be used to prove liability and causation in car accident cases. This means that we usually:
- Visit and photograph the scene soon after the wreck;
- Interview all known accident witnesses;
- Obtain street-level video footage where possible;
- Learn whether any third-party witnesses were driving vehicles equipped with video cameras; and
- Photograph all vehicles involved.
- Get the highest level treatment possible. Many personal injury claims are hurt by virtue of the client seeking medical care that is not appropriate for the injuries that they have sustained. For example, if you have suffered a traumatic injury to your spine, seeing a chiropractor for 2 months after your accident will likely not positively impact your case. We understand that incurring medical bills is a tremendous source of stress for many of our clients, but we can help you understand how the bills will be paid and how to be compensated for your pain and suffering. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, consult with your injury attorney about the appropriate type of specialist to see for your care. If you are trying to locate a hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia, Navicent Health Baldwin, formerly known as Oconee Regional Medical Center, is at 821 N Cobb St, Milledgeville, GA 31061.
- Place known insurers on notice of the claim against the policy issued by them. Often times, insurers try to avoid or escape liability for based upon the failure of their insured (the person or corporation that caused your injury) to follow a condition of their insurance policy. Insurance policies have conditions in this that are called conditions precedent, and if an insured fails to meet the conditions precedent to coverage, the insurer may attempt to avoid being responsible for your damages. One of the conditions precedent to insurance coverage being available for an incident and injuries is that the insured (the person or corporation that caused your injury) must give the insurer notice of the occurrence that caused your injury. This is the first part in establishing an insurance claim. We work to make sure that all possible insurers have notice of your injuries so that the insurer cannot later claim a lack of notice to avoid liability for your damages. Do not let a simple mistake (that no non-lawyer would be aware of) allow an auto insurance company avoid responsibility. Also, it is critical that insurance claims be established against the other driver’s insurance carrier and your own uninsured motorist carriers.
What is the statute of limitations to bring a claim for injuries arising from a car wreck?
A lawsuit against a private individual or a corporation that caused personal injuries or wrongful death in an auto- or trucking accident must be brought within 2 years from the date of the accident. It is important to recognize that are anti litem (pre-litigation) requirements that must be strictly followed for accidents involving public officers or agents, such as sheriff’s deputies or city police officers. If your accident involves a public officer or agent, retain a qualified car accident attorney immediately to begin pursuing your claim. Do not risk having your claim barred based upon a failure to timely give appropriate ante litem notices.
About The Sessions Law Firm and Georgia Personal Injury SuperLawyer Ben Sessions
The Sessions Law Firm is one of the preeminent car accident and personal injury law firms in Georgia. The Firm is led by Ben Sessions. Ben has been consistently recognized as a Top 100 SuperLawyer in Georgia from 2019 through 2021. Ben has personally tried more than 60 jury trials. If you case cannot be successfully negotiated to a settlement, you can rest assured that you will have an experienced and skilled trial lawyer on your side. Beyond being exceptionally good at obtaining recoveries for our clients, we place an equally important emphasis on the service that we provide to our clients. That means keeping your informed about the process and progress in your case. Contact The Sessions Law Firm today. Do not make the mistake of assuming that all car accident lawyers are the same. Schedule a free consultation today with an experienced Milledgeville personal injury lawyer at The Session Law Firm today. We will help you understand the legal process that your case will follow
The Sessions Law Firm maintains a primary office in Macon, Georgia, and we regularly represent clients in Milledgeville. A personal injury attorney at The Sessions Law Firm will meet with you in-person to discuss your case and help you understand the process that your case will follow. We have years of experience fighting for client to obtain the maximum compensation possible in their cases. If you have been hurt, a car accident attorney at The Sessions Law Firm can help. Call our office today to schedule an initial consultation.
It is important to recognize that an attorney-client relationship is not created by the information provided on this website. In order to obtain legal representation for your legal issue and personal injury cases, you must have a written engagement agreement with The Sessions Law Firm, LLC.