Personal Injury Attorney in Savannah, Georgia
Savannah Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in an accident in or around Savannah, Georgia? If so, contact The Session Law Firm and we will use all of our resources to help you recover the compensation you deserve. At Sessions & Fleischman, we understand that an accident can leave you injured and drastically change your life. Following an accident it can be difficult for you and your family to return your life to the way it was prior to any misfortune, however, you can sleep soundly knowing that our Savannah personal injury lawyers will commit our full attention to helping you get the payment that you deserve as quickly as possible.
How much is your personal injury case worth?
There are several factors that go into valuing a personal injury case:
- The severity of your injuries: The more severe your injuries, the more your case is likely to be worth. This includes both physical and emotional injuries.
- The cost of medical treatment: The cost of medical treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, and physical therapy, will be a major factor in the value of your case.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover damages for lost wages.
- Property damage: If your property, such as your car, was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover damages for the repair or replacement of that property.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover damages for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If your injuries have significantly impacted your ability to enjoy your life and participate in activities you previously enjoyed, you may be able to recover damages for this loss.
- The defendant’s liability: The strength of the evidence against the defendant, and the defendant’s ability to pay, will also be considered in valuing your case.
It’s important to note that every case is different, and the value of your case will depend on the specific circumstances of your accident and injuries. A personal injury attorney can help you determine the value of your case. Getting you fair compensation for the injuries and losses you’ve suffered requires diligent preparation of your case. It is critical to remember that the actions of the at-fault party play a significant role in the value of your case.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
Many injured people retain so-called injury attorneys that have not been to court in years – much less actually tried a jury trial. Our personal injury attorneys do not shy away from tough cases that may require a trial, and we certainly won’t back down from a trial. Unlike other firms in the Savannah area, when you retain Sessions & Fleischman for representation in your injury case, you will speak directly with your Savannah personal injury lawyer throughout your case. We will never delegate you or your case off to a paralegal and forget about you. If we take your case on, we are going to treat you as a friend and your Savannah personal injury lawyer is going to communicate directly with you regarding your case and the status of the claim. Our Savannah personal injury lawyers will handle your case with unprecedented care and consideration.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injury lawyers typically handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Car accidents: Personal injury lawyers can help you recover damages if you’ve been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver.
- Slip and fall accidents: If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, a personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages.
- Premises liability cases.
- Nursing home abuse cases.
- Medical malpractice: If you’ve been injured due to medical negligence or error, a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue a claim for damages.
- Product liability: If you’ve been injured by a faulty or defective product, a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the manufacturer or distributor.
- Workplace accidents: If you’ve been injured on the job, a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim against a third party.
- Dog bites: If you’ve been bitten by someone else’s dog, a personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages from the dog’s owner.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one has died due to the negligence of another person or entity, a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue a wrongful death claim.
These are just a few examples of the types of cases that our personal injury lawyers handle. Personal injury law is a broad field, and attorneys may specialize in certain areas or handle a wide range of cases.
Far too often, clients complain that they have trouble getting in contact with their lawyers, particularly personal injury lawyers. At The Session Law Firm, we handle our cases with a personal approach designed to make you feel comfortable knowing that you can reach your attorney whenever you need it. The personal injury lawyers at Sessions & Fleischman accept a limited number of cases in order to spend the time necessary to handle your claim. There will never be a period of time in which you cannot reach us to address your concerns.
Georgia Personal Injury Case Process
The process for personal injury cases can vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case and the laws of the state where the case is filed. However, there are some general steps that personal injury cases typically follow:
- Initial consultation: After you’ve been injured, you’ll typically meet with a personal injury lawyer for an initial consultation. During this meeting, you’ll discuss the details of your case and the lawyer will determine whether they can represent you.
- Investigation: If you decide to move forward with the case, the lawyer will conduct an investigation to gather evidence. This may include collecting medical records, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing any police reports or other documents related to the accident.
- Medical Treatment
- Demand letter: Once the lawyer has gathered all the relevant evidence, they will typically send a demand letter to the person or entity responsible for your injuries. The demand letter will outline the damages you are seeking and provide a deadline for the person or entity to respond.
- Negotiation: If the person or entity responds to the demand letter, the lawyer will try to negotiate a settlement. This may involve back-and-forth negotiations to reach an agreement on the amount of damages to be paid.
- Filing a lawsuit: If the parties are unable to reach a settlement, the lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf. The lawsuit will outline your legal claims and the damages you are seeking.
- Discovery: Once the lawsuit has been filed, the parties will engage in a process called discovery, during which they will exchange information and documents related to the case.
- Trial: If the parties are unable to reach a settlement, the case may go to trial. At trial, both sides will present their evidence and make their arguments to a judge or jury, who will decide the outcome of the case.
This is a general outline of the process for personal injury cases. It’s important to note that every case is different, and the specific steps and timeline can vary.
Paying Medical Bills After Your Personal Injury
There are a few ways that medical bills can be paid after a personal injury:
- Health insurance: If you have health insurance, your medical bills will typically be covered by your insurance policy. You may be responsible for paying any deductibles or copays.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance: If you were injured in a car accident, you may be able to use your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to cover your medical bills. PIP is a type of insurance that is required in some states and covers medical expenses and lost wages resulting from a car accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Liability insurance: If the person or entity responsible for your injuries has liability insurance, their insurance company may cover your medical bills.
- Settlement: If you are able to reach a settlement with the person or entity responsible for your injuries, the settlement may include payment for your medical bills.
- Payment by the responsible party: In some cases, the person or entity responsible for your injuries may agree to pay your medical bills directly.
It’s important to keep track of all your medical bills and receipts, as you may be able to recover these costs as damages in a personal injury case. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your options for paying medical bills and recovering damages for your injuries.
Savannah Personal Injury Lawyers
There are a few steps you can follow to choose a personal injury attorney in Savannah, GA:
- Research attorneys in your area: Start by looking for attorneys who practice personal injury law in Savannah, GA. You can search online directories or ask for referrals from friends, family, or other attorneys.
- Consider the attorney’s experience: Look for an attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours. You may also want to consider the attorney’s success rate in obtaining favorable outcomes for their clients.
- Meet with the attorney: Schedule a consultation with the attorney to discuss your case. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions and get a sense of their personality and style. You should also ask about the attorney’s fees and how they will handle your case.
- Check the attorney’s credentials: Make sure the attorney you choose is licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia and has a good reputation. You can check their credentials with the Georgia State Bar Association.
- Trust your instincts: It’s important to choose an attorney you feel comfortable working with and trust to handle your case.
At The Session Law Firm, we understand the frustration that many clients have surrounding lawyers who always seem to put them on the back burner. Unlike other firms, we will never delegate your case or cut off communication with you until it is time to settle the case. That is not the way the process should work, and it is not the way that your Savannah personal injury lawyer at Sessions & Fleischman will handle your case. Unlike many law firms, we actually work to lighten the stress put on you after a car accident. In our free consultation, we will help you build a strategy for dealing with the other party’s insurance company, getting the medical treatment that you need, and keeping your family moving forward while we work to get you the compensation that you deserve. Personal injury cases are complex and there are many variables that impact the potential result obtained for you.
At Sessions & Fleischman, we start working the minute you decide to retain us for the case, and we will never avoid your phone calls. You will always deal directly with your Savannah personal injury lawyer at Sessions & Fleischman. We work to relieve the stress associated with your injury so you can rest easy knowing that your case is in good hands.
We look forward to helping you and your family.
Disclaimer: The website and the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice or legal representation. Our Savannah personal injury attorneys will provide you with a free consultation and case evaluation, but we do not represent you until we have a signed engagement agreement. It is critical to remember that the statute of limitations is applicable to your personal injury case. Our personal injury attorneys are licensed in the State of Georgia. We do not practice in the state courts of South Carolina.