Our Macon personal injury attorneys do our very best to obtain as much information about your injury and your case as quickly as possible. We are true believers in the fact that with the passage of time, evidence and, potentially, the value of your case diminishes.To really get a running start on your case, we encourage clients to bring the following items to the initial client meeting. However, if you cannot gather these items prior to the meeting, do not worry at all. We can help you get these items together after the meeting if needed.
PREPARING TO MEET WITH YOUR MACON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER: DOCUMENTS REGARDING THE ACCIDENT
1. If you have a copy of the accident report, bring it. We are frequently able to obtain car accident reports through commercial websites very quickly, but if you have it, bring. Likewise, if your case involves an incident report, bring it. Incident reports are frequently produced in addition to accident reports in cases that involve DUI arrests or other charges.
2. If you, a friend, or other family member took photographs of the car accident, bring those with you and if you cannot bring those with you, let us know. These photographs may be the only ones in your case and they can be extremely valuable to your case.
3. If you, a friend, or other family member took photographs of injuries, bring those with you and if you cannot bring those with you, let us know. These photographs may be the only ones in your case and they can be extremely valuable to your case.
PREPARING TO MEET WITH YOUR MACON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER: INSURANCE DOCUMENTS
4. If you have a copy of your insurance policy, insurance binders, or other statements in car insurance coverage, bring whatever information that you have to our meeting.
5. If you information regarding your health insurance benefits, health insurance policy, employee benefits package, or other information regarding any policy that may provide payments for the injuries you received in this accident, please bring those documents with you.
6. Any information that you disability policy, any documents regarding disability coverage for the benefit of a bank, mortgage company, or other creditor, life insurance and credit life policies (if a death case), etc.
7. Any documents that you have received from any insurer regarding the accident.
PREPARING FOR OUR MEETING: DOCUMENTATION OF EXPENSES
8. If you have already received bills from medical providers regarding your treatment following this accident, please bring those with you.
9. If personal items were lost or damaged in this accident, make a list of the items. If you have receipts bring, don't worry if you don't have receipts.
These items are a great start for us, but please do not be concerned if you cannot gather these items. Don't let difficulty finding or gathering these items stop you from meeting with us.